How To Pick A Website Designer In 2021
Bob Popular | Bespoke Websites
So you’re thinking about having your first website made, or maybe you need to redesign an older website. Either way, you should know at least some of the basics about web design to help you make your decision.
Why is website design so important?
First of all, your website is the heart of your online marketing activities. Social media, ad campaigns, and all the other marketing avenues and strategies, what they really do is drive visitors to your website. The #1 goal of your website is to turn visitors into customers. In marketing, that’s called conversion.
What is bad web design?
A badly designed website wastes the money you spend on your other marketing channels because more visitors don’t help you if you can’t convert them into customers. The better designed your website is, the more visitors convert into being customers. This holds true whether you sell products online, provide local services, or offer B2B services.
What is good web design?
A well designed website will use these five fundamental elements to turn visitors into customers.
- UI/UX – Good User Interface / User Experience will never be noticed by your website visitors, but bad UI/UX stands out like a sore thumb. Your website should be easy to navigate, intuitive to use, accessible for people with disabilities, and mobile-friendly.
- Visibility – You need to know how to be found, the platforms to target, and how to use your content. Numerous factors impact where you appear in search results, so be sure to have a marketing strategy in place.
- Engagement – You must engage your visitors and hold their attention, direct their path through your website, and give them a clear call to action. A website must look good, but its main job is to generate leads and grow sales.
- Aesthetics – Having a visually pleasing website is important, but you need to be consistent with your brand image. Your website should mirror the voice of your business, and visually connect with your visitors. Your website’s aesthetic not only supports brand awareness but increases your perceived legitimacy.
- Content – Content is one of the main reasons people will visit your website. You should focus on creating high-quality, unique content, including videos, industry news, how-to’s, and helpful stories with high-res images. This will help keep visitors on your site longer and provide more touchpoints with them.
Cheap and quick web design.
A lot of folks call themselves web designers, and without much planning, they can quickly create a website for you with lots of information, photos, and contact info. The question you need to ask is, “Is this the way to turn my website visitors into customers?”. Is that what your business needs? The answer is simply, “No”.
Qualities of a good website designer.
What you should be doing is looking for someone serious about web design. A good web designer will have an extensive knowledge base, covering topics like UI/UX, color usage, buyer psychology, language, SEO, and of course, design. Skilled web designers, like those of us at Bob Popular, are well versed in all these areas, and keep up to date on the latest trends, technology, and research. Why? So we can design and optimize our work for conversions, and give you, our clients, the best ROI we can.
Are you ready to begin your project? We’d love to discuss the details and show how we can help achieve your goals. Schedule your free, no-obligation Discovery Call below, and let’s get started.